http://www.boyundschwester.blogspot.com/ 2010-03-30 daily 0.7 boy und schwester: The great stocking debate

Thursday 15 April 2010

The great stocking debate

I admit it, I am a dedicated wearer of stockings at every opportunity.

In vintage clothing this presents no problem. But the reality is that I don't wear vintage daily and modern clothes reveal stockings/suspender belts much more easily. I spent all of yesterday terribly conscious that when the wind blew it revealed the outlines of my suspender belt.
Solution: Henry Holland for Pretty Polly. These are GENIUS. Ok, so I'm about 6 months late but I got pair of last seasons' Super Suspenders and the look like stockings but are dark tights! (That's the other problem with stockings, ever tried finding a pair thicker than 15 denier?!)

Problem: this seasons are much lower and potentially more visable under skirts. Great, if that's your look, not so great for the vintage lover.

Why didn't I buy more pairs at the time they were out?!

This seasons are available at lots of retailiers, including ASOS.

2 comments:

  1. this article is great! i also love that first picture, what is the name of it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much! I don't know the exact name of the picture but the artist is Gil Elvgren and he's a famous American pin-up artist. Here's some more information http://www.gilelvgren.com/GE/

    ReplyDelete