http://www.boyundschwester.blogspot.com/ 2010-03-30 daily 0.7 boy und schwester: My stylish family - real vintage fashion

Thursday 1 April 2010

My stylish family - real vintage fashion

Inspired by the Sartorialist's vintage fashion photo series and My Mom, The Style Icon I thought I'd post a picture of my family.

Here's my grandfather, grandmother, aunt and mother (she's the youngest) walking along the prom in St Helier, Jersey in 1961. Look how swaggeringly cool my grandfather is! And glamorous my grandmother is. And how cute my aunt and mum are? Just look at those white ankle socks. And the handbag my mum is toting. It was the start of a life long love affair.

Vintage fashion from real life not fashion photographs.

Have you got any photos you like submitted? I might do a little series. The other side of my family deserves an airing too!

2 comments:

  1. I absolutely adore this photograph! Love the plaid skirt on the girl and innocence of flats worn with white socks. :-)I am wishing you and your family wonderful Easter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! It's so cute isn't it?

    Happy Easter too!

    ReplyDelete